This is the 2018 race info, including opening times, locations and other particulars.
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and date of the event.
April 14, 2018
How to get there:
- Take Tram 4/6 to ‘Margitsziget’ stop and walk through the middle of the Island (approximately 2 km). Between 15:10 and 15:40 you must get off at ‘Margit híd, budai hídfő’ stop and walk from Buda to the Island as the stop on the bridge will not be served.
- Buses will not run on the Island during the race. They will drop you off at the Árpád Bridge end of the Island, approximately 600 m from the race area.
Use the BKK trip planner to find the quickest way to the race area from your location.
Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3: 3 x 2 km
Telekom Vivicitta Family Run: 940 m
Suhanj! Disability Run: 940 m
Telekom Minicitta: 2500 m
Telekom Vivicitta Walking: 2500 m
Telekom Midicitta: 7000 m
10:30 – Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3
11:30 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km School Run 1st Start*
12:00 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km School Run 2nd Start*
12:15 – Telekom Vivicitta Walking 2.5 km*
12:45 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km Individual Start*
13:30 – Suhanj! Disability Run
14:00 – Telekom Vivicitta Family Run
15:00 – Telekom Midicitta 7 km
Wheelchair and handbike racers can start ahead of the field but they have to consult with the race organizers in advance about passing the lead car.
The start is walking distance from the race centre and finish area.
* The race starts from a different start gate. Walk towards the Margaret Bridge on the main road.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km Starting Zones
You must start from the starting zone indicated by a sticker on your bib number. It was allocated by the planned pace you indicated at registration. Zones will open 20 minutes before the start and close 5 minutes before. Afterwards, you may stand and start from the back of the field.
- 1st zone: pace under 4:30 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: under 31.5 min
- 2nd zone: pace between 4:30 and 5:00 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: between 31.5 and 35 min
- 3rd zone: pace between 5:00 and 5:30 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: between 35 and 38.5 min
- 4th zone: pace between 5:30 and 6:00 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: between 38.5and 42 min
- 5th zone: pace between 6:00 and 6:30 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: more than 42 min
Click here to see the map of the courses.
Budapest Sportiroda (BSI)
1138 Budapest, Váci út 152.
How to get there:
The race centre can be easily reached by metro, tram or buses. Use the BKK trip planner or app (search ‘BKK Futár’ in your app store) to find the easiest way for you. If you take the metro you will have to switch to metro replacement buses at ‘Lehel tér’ station. Once you arrive at the address follow the sign to the race centre tents set up outside the building.
- April 12, Thursday between 12:00 and 18:00
- April 13, Friday between 8:00 and 18:00
Margaret Island Water Tower
- April 14, Saturday from 9:00 till 30 minutes before the start
In the race centre starting on Thursday until 30 minutes before the start.
You must have your registration confirmation with you to pick up your bib, either printed or the e-mail on your phone. To collect the bib of another runner you must show his/her registration confirmation.
Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3
Teams will receive 3 individual bibs and a baton.
Upon exchange, the baton must be handed off to the next runner.
Facilities will be open before and after the race.
Ladies’ changing room will be located in the Water Tower while men can change next to the tower in tents.
In tents at the start/finish area.
Opening times: between 8:30 and 16:30
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the cloakroom!
There will be toilets in the Water Tower and portable toilets and urinals for men near the race center and the start/finish area.
There will be refreshment stations set up at the start and finish, serving water.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km
There will be one refreshment station on the course at 3.2 km serving water.
In advance: online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 17:00 on April 10. – Click here for prices and further details.
On-site: If the limit has not been reached registration is also possible on-site at the race centre.
There is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- race number
- a unique cotton T-shirt with the race logo for Relay for 3, and Minicitta 2.5 km runners
- a unique technical running shirt with the race logo for Midicitta 7 km runners
- a unique race medal for Midicitta 7 km runners
- finisher’s bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing for Relay for 3 and Midicitta 7 km runners
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
Telekom Midicitta 7 km: 5500 entries
Telekom MIdicitta (7 km)
7:30 min/km from the time the last runner crosses the start line.
A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady 7 min 30 sec/km pace. If the last runner of the field is running faster than that, then the sweep bus is following him/her. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3
The chip will be attached to the end of your baton.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in a 10-minute time penalty.
Other distances are not timed.
Midicitta 7 km & Fun Run Relay for 3
A list of results will be published online real time, the lists are being updated while runners are crossing the finish line.
Runners who do not have a time at one of the checkpoints along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
Other distances do not have time measurement, consequently, no result list will be available.
During the race, medical services are available at the medical area beside the finish line.
If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometre sign or at the refreshment stations.
At the back of each start number, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is NOT PERMITTED to listen to MP3 players or any other devices plugged into both ears. Anyone breaking the rules can get a 10-minute time penalty.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program and the date of the event.