This is the 2019 race info, including opening times, locations and other particulars.
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and date of the event.
April 13, 2019
How to get there:
- Take Tram 4/6 to ‘Margitsziget’ stop and walk through the middle of the Island (approximately 2 km). Between 15:10 and 15:40 you must get off at ‘Margit híd, budai hídfő’ stop and walk from Buda to the Island as the stop on the bridge will not be served.
- Buses will not run on the Island during the race. They will drop you off at the Árpád Bridge end of the Island, approximately 600 m from the race area.
Use the BKK trip planner to find the quickest way to the race area from your location.
Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3: 3 x 2 km
Telekom Vivicitta Family Run: 940 m
Suhanj! Disability Run: 940 m
Telekom Minicitta: 2500 m
Telekom Vivicitta Walking: 2500 m
Telekom Midicitta: 7000 m
10:30 – Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3
11:30 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km School Run 1st Start
12:00 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km School Run 2nd Start
12:15 – Telekom Vivicitta Walking 2.5 km
12:45 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km Individual Start
13:30 – Suhanj! Disability Run
14:00 – Telekom Vivicitta Family Run
15:00 – Telekom Midicitta 7 km
Wheelchair and handbike racers can start ahead of the field but they have to consult with the race organizers in advance about passing the lead car.
The start is walking distance from the race centre and finish area.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km Starting Zones
You must start from the starting zone indicated by a sticker on your bib number. It was allocated by the planned pace you indicated at registration. Zones will open 20 minutes before the start and close 5 minutes before. Afterwards, you may stand and start from the back of the field.
- 1st zone: pace under 4:30 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: under 31.5 min
- 2nd zone: pace between 4:30 and 5:00 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: between 31.5 and 35 min
- 3rd zone: pace between 5:00 and 5:30 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: between 35 and 38.5 min
- 4th zone: pace between 5:30 and 6:00 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: between 38.5and 42 min
- 5th zone: pace between 6:00 and 6:30 min/km
- Midicitta 7 km: more than 42 min
Click here to see the map of the courses.
The EXPO is a 3-day long event accompanying the Telekom Vivicitta Spring Half Marathon, where you’ll find everything about running. The 30+ exhibitors will range from running shoes, clothes, accessories, food supplements, personal consultations, to international running events.
At the EXPO you can also pick-up your bib. Combine pleasure with necessary and avoid queuing for your kit on Sunday morning, visit the EXPO!
The entry is FREE for everyone.
Please note that not all exhibitors accept cards and there is no ATM at the location, make sure you bring some cash along.
BOK Sport Center C Hall: 1146 Budapest, Dózsa György út 1.
How to get there
There are various public transport options to the location. Use the ‘BKK Futár‘ app to plan the most optimal route for you. Close by stops:
- metro M2 ‘Puskás Ferenc Stadion’ station
- tram line 1 ‘Puskás Ferenc Stadion’ station
- bus 30 or 95
- trolley bus 75 or 80
If you arrive by car you can park on the surrounding streets. Don’t forget to pay for your parking!
- Thursday, April 11, between 12:00 and 18:30 (bib pick-up till 18:00)
- Friday, April 12, between 08:00 and 18:30 (bib pick-up till 18:00)
- Saturday, April 13, between 08:00 and 18:00 (bib pick-up only for Sunday distances till 17:00)
You must have your registration confirmation with you to pick up your bib, either printed or the e-mail on your phone. To collect the bib of another runner you must show his/her registration confirmation.
Location and opening times:
At the EXPO:
- Thursday, April 11, between 12:00 and 18:00
- Friday, April 12, between 8:00 and18:00
See details of the EXPO in the tab above.
At the race center located in the Margaret Island Water Tower.
- Saturday, April 13, from 8:30 until 30 minutes before your distance’s start
Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3
Teams will receive 3 individual bibs and a baton.
Upon exchange, the baton must be handed off to the next runner.
Facilities will be open before and after the race.
Ladies’ changing room will be located in the Water Tower while men can change next to the tower in tents.
In tents at the start/finish area.
Opening times: between 8:30 and 16:30
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the cloakroom!
There will be portable toilets and urinals for men near the race center, at the start/finish area, at each refreshment and relay exchange station.
There will be refreshment stations set up at the start and finish, serving water.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km
There will be one refreshment station on the course at 3.2 km serving water.
In advance: online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 17:00 on April 8.
On-site: If the limit has not been reached registration is also possible on-site at the race centre.
There is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- race number
- a unique cotton T-shirt with the race logo for Relay for 3, and Minicitta 2.5 km runners
- a unique technical running shirt with the race logo for Midicitta 7 km runners
- a unique race medal for Midicitta 7 km runners
- finisher’s bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing for Relay for 3 and Midicitta 7 km runners
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
Telekom Minicitta Individual Start: 2200 entries
Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3: 350 teams
Telekom Family Run: 1700 entries
Telekom Walking: 900 entries
SUHANJ! Disability Run: 700 entries
Telekom Midicitta 7 km: 4500 entries
Telekom MIdicitta (7 km)
7:30 min/km from the time the last runner crosses the start line.
A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady 7 min 30 sec/km pace. If the last runner of the field is running faster than that, then the sweep bus is following him/her. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3
The chip will be attached to the end of your baton.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in a 10-minute time penalty.
Other distances are not timed.
Midicitta 7 km & Fun Run Relay for 3
A list of results will be published online real time, the lists are being updated while runners are crossing the finish line.
Runners who do not have a time at one of the checkpoints along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
Other distances do not have time measurement, consequently, no result list will be available.
During the race, medical services are available at the medical area beside the finish line.
If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometre sign or at the refreshment stations.
At the back of each start number, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is NOT PERMITTED to listen to MP3 players or any other devices plugged into both ears. Anyone breaking the rules can get a 10-minute time penalty.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program and the date of the event.