This event info is about the 36th Telekom Vivicittá in 2021, the 37th Telekom Vivicittá event info will be updated later.
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and date of the event.
Saturday, July 10 2021
Margaret Island, Budapest H-1138 – Frigyes Schulek promenade, near the Water Tower
How to get there
There are various public transport options leading to the location:
- Take Tram 4/6 to ‘Margitsziget’ stop and walk through the middle of the Island (approximately 2 km)
Plan your trip for the quickest way to the location
- Check the timetables at the official website of Budapest’s Public Transport, BKK,
- or plan your trip either with the help of BKK application or Google maps,
- or download the BKK Futár mobile app from the Google Play Store (available for iOS and Windows phone as well)
- The parking lot is available at the northern end of the Margaret Island, next to Arpad Bridge.
- Parking spaces are limited, arrive on time!
- You must comply with the traffic signs placed in the parking lot, and follow the rules of the KRESZ (Hungarian public road traffic rules).
Wheelchair and handbike racers can start ahead of the field but they have to consult with the race organizers in advance about passing the lead car.
- 9:00 Telekom Midicitta: 7 km
- 10:10 Telekom Minicitta Individual: 2.4 km
- 10:20 Telekom Vivicitta Walking: 2.4 km
- 11:10 Telekom Vivicitta Family Run: 900 m
- 11:50 Telekom Fun Run Relay for 3: 3 x 2 km
Click here to see the course maps.
- Click here to see the information about BIB pick-up.
- Margaret Island, Budapest H-1138 – Frigyes Schulek promenade, near the Water Tower
- Facilities will be open before and after the race.
- It will be located at the start/finish area.
- Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the cloakroom!
- There will be portable toilets and urinals for men near the race center, at the start/finish area, at each refreshment and relay exchange station.
- Please note that not all exhibitors accept credit cards and there is no ATM at the location, make sure you have cash.
Telekom Vivicitta Festival distances 7 km
- There will be refreshment stations set up at the start and finish, serving water.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km
- There will be one refreshment station on the course around 3 km serving water.
On-site: If the limit has not been reached registration is also possible on-site at the race center.
There is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- race number
- a unique cotton T-shirt with the race logo for Relay for 3, and Minicitta 2.5 km runners
- a unique technical running T-shirt with the race logo for Midicitta 7 km runners
- a unique race medal for Midicitta 7 km runners
- finisher’s bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing for Relay for 3 and Midicitta 7 km runners
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
Telekom Midicitta (7 km)
- 7:30 min/km from the time the last runner crosses the start line.
- A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady 7 min 30 sec/km pace. If the last runner of the field is running faster than that, then the sweep bus is following him/her. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
Telekom Vivicitta Fun Run Relay for 3
The chip will be attached to the end of your baton.
Telekom Midicitta 7 km
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in a 10-minute time penalty.
Other distances are not timed.
Midicitta 7 km & Fun Run Relay for 3
A list of results will be published online real time, the lists are being updated while runners are crossing the finish line.
Runners who do not have a time at one of the checkpoints along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
Other distances do not have time measurement, consequently, no result list will be available.
During the race, medical services are available at the medical area beside the finish line.
If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometre sign or at the refreshment stations.
At the back of each start number, you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is NOT PERMITTED to listen to MP3 players or any other devices plugged into both ears. Anyone breaking the rules can get a 10-minute time penalty.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route, the program and the date of the event.