Withdrawal and Refund of Entry Fees at BSI events
If you are unable to attend an event, you have the option to cancel your registration. In this case, the paid entry fee will not be forfeited, it may be partially used until the end of the year following the cancellation.
You can withdraw from the race according to the following deadlines:
- If you withdraw from the race at least six weeks before the event, the paid entry fee will be credited to your account after deducting 5 EUR handling fee.
- If you withdraw from the race within six weeks of the event but no later than Wednesday midnight of the week of the event, the paid entry fee will be credited to your account after deducting 20% handling fee.
In both cases, the credited amount may be used to pay the entry fee for our other events, until December 31 of the year following the cancellation.
It is also important that
In case of an early cancellation, entry fees of 5 EUR or less will be credited fully to the account of the participant.
If the entire team withdraws from the event, the handling fee—depending on the time of the withdrawal—will be deducted from every member of the team, and the remaining amount will be credited to the account of the member who originally paid the entry fees for the entire team.
In case of fitness events, we do not accept cancellations given that the entry tickets are transferrable, even if the ticket holder’s name is on them. We do not accept withdrawals from our instant and virtual events because those distances can be completed any time until the registration period ends.
In cases other than normal (“force majeure”) the rules of the General Terms and Conditions apply.
Steps of withdrawal for individual participants:
- Go to the Entries and click on “Actual entries”, then find the race you would like to withdraw from. Click on the “Resign” button.
- After the cancellation, the remaining amount will be credited to your account under “Coupons”.
- Every participant may only cancel their own registration, regardless of who paid for the entry.
Steps of withdrawal for teams:
- Go to the Entries then find the race you would like to withdraw from. Click on the “Resign” button.
- After the cancellation, the remaining amount will be credited to your account under Coupons.
- Team registrations may only be cancelled by the person who signed up the entire team for the race. After the cancellation, the remaining amount will be credited to his/her account.
- In case of teams, a 5 EUR or 20% handling fee will be deducted from every member of the team.
Steps to make changes to the team members or relay order:
- Go to the Entries then find the team you would like to make changes to. Click on “Edit” to make modifications to the members or their order.
- Only the person who paid the entry fees for the team may make changes to the members.
Entry fees are non-refundable!