This is preliminary race info. Year-specific details, such as opening times and locations, will be posted 2 weeks before the race.
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and date of the event.
April 14, 2019
Spring Half Marathon: 21.097,5 m
Vivicitta: 10 km
Spring Half Marathon Relay for 2: 21.097,5 m in two sections run by two runners
Spring Half Marathon Relay for 3: 21.097,5 m in three sections run by three runners
The length of each leg will be in between5 and 13,5 km. The specific length will be published after the course has been measured and certified.
Wheelchair and handbike racers can start ahead of the field but they have to consult with the race organizers in advance about passing the lead car.
Spring Half Marathon & Half Marathon Relays
The course runs through the heart of Budapest, crosses several bridges and passes the most well-known sites of the city.
Vivicitta 10 km
The course runs along the Danube in the heart of Budapest, crossing bridges and passing several of the most well-known sites of the city.
The exact course changes every year, however, you can take a look at the course of the previous edition here.
The EXPO is a 3-day long event accompanying the Telekom Vivicitta Spring Half Marathon, where you’ll find everything about running. The 30+ exhibitors will range from running shoes, clothes, accessories, food supplements, personal consultations, to international running events.
At the EXPO you can also pick-up your bib. Combine pleasure with necessary and avoid queuing for your kit on Sunday morning, visit the EXPO!
The entry is FREE for everyone.
Please note that not all exhibitors accept cards and there is no ATM at the location, make sure you bring some cash along.
BOK Sport Center C Hall: 1146 Budapest, Dózsa György út 1.
How to get there
There are various public transport options to the location. Use the ‘BKK Futár‘ app to plan the most optimal route for you. Close by stops:
- metro M2 ‘Puskás Ferenc Stadion’ station
- tram line 1 ‘Puskás Ferenc Stadion’ station
- bus 30 or 95
- trolley bus 75 or 80
If you arrive by car you can park on the surrounding streets. Don’t forget to pay for your parking!
- Thursday, April 11, between 12:00 and 18:30 (bib pick-up till 18:00)
- Friday, April 12, between 08:00 and 18:30 (bib pick-up till 18:00)
- Saturday, April 13, between 08:00 and 18:00 (bib pick-up only for Sunday distances till 17:00)
You must have your registration confirmation with you to pick up your bib, either printed or the e-mail on your phone. To collect the bib of another runner you must show his/her registration confirmation.
Participants running their first half marathon are entitled to wear another bib on their back with „MY FIRST HALF MARATHON” will be written on it.
If you indicated in the registry form that this would be your first half marathon, you will get this race number automatically when picking up your race number. If you didn’t indicate it when registering for the event, you can ask for it at the problem-solving table in the race centre.
Location and opening times:
At the EXPO:
- Thursday, April 11, between 12:00 and 18:00
- Friday, April 12, between 8:00 and18:00
- Saturday, April 13, between 8:00 and 17:00
At the race center located in the Margaret Island Water Tower.
- Sunday, April 14,
- between 7:00 and 8:30 for Half Marathon, Half Marathon Relay for 2 and Half Marathon Relay for 3
- between 10:00 and 12:30 for Vivicitta10 km runners
Attention: the start is located 1.5 km away from the race center. Make sure you have enough time to get to the start!
To avoid rushing and long queuing just before the race we suggest that you pick-up you starting kit in advance at the EXPO.
Facilities will be open before and after the race. Showers are also available on location for individual half marathon runners.
Additionally, there will be changing rooms at the relay exchange station.
In tents at the start/finish area. It can be used with the baggage tag attached to your bib.
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the cloakroom!
There will be no cloakroom at the relay exchange station.
There will be a monitored bike rack at the site of the race.
There will be portable toilets and urinals for men near the race center, at the start/finish area, at each refreshment and relay exchange station.
There will be refreshment stations set up around ever 4-5 km along the way.
Next to water they serve other drinks and snacks to help your run, such as iso-drinks, banana, and glucose.
There will be pace runners who will help you achieve your goal time and guide you to the finish line.
Spring Half Marathon planned finish times:
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 hours
- 2 hours 15 minutes
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 hours 45 minutes
Vivicitta (10 km) planned finish times:
- 50 minutes
- 1 hour
- 1 hour 10 minutes
In advance: online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 17:00 on April 8, 2019. Click here for prices and further details.
On-site: If the limit has not been reached registration is also possible on-site at the race center.
There is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- race number
- a unique technical T-shirt with the race logo
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers
- finisher’s bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
Spring Half Marathon & Half Marathon Relays
2 hours 45 minutes net time
A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady pace behind the 2:45 pace runners. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
Vivicitta 10 km
7:30 min/km from the time the last runner crosses the start line.
A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady 7 min 30 sec/km pace. If the last runner of the field is running faster than that, then the sweep bus is following him/her. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
By race day, registrants for this event must be 12 or older (born before April 14, 2007).
Order your medal insert engraved with your name and your result!
By doing this you can skip the long queues and you don’t have to bother with cash. Buy it online and after the event we will send you the medal insert engraved with your name and time that fits neatly into the back of your finisher medal.
We will engrave your name and time on a small stick-on metal card and send it to your postal address. When you get it you can easily stick it onto the back of your medal and your personalized medal is ready!
The medal insert can be ordered prior the race online at the entry.budapestmarathon.com website.
The personal medal insert can only be ordered for those with an individual result.
The price of the medal insert with shipping and handling (to a foreign address) is 6€.
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in 10-minute time penalty.
Prizes will be issued to the top 3 male and female individuals and teams. The official results will be based on the brutto times.
A list of results will be published online real time, the lists are being updated while runners are crossing the finish line.
Runners who do not have a time at one of the check points along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
During the race medical services are available at the medical area beside the finish line.
If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
At the back of each bib you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is NOT PERMITTED to listen to MP3 players or any other devices plugged into both ears. Anyone breaking the rules can get a 10-minute time penalty.
- Among the runners there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route,the program and the date of the event.