This is preliminary race info. Year-specific details, such as opening times and locations, will be posted 2 weeks before the race.
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and date of the event.
Sunday, April 18, 2021
Spring Half Marathon: 21.097,5 m
Vivicitta: 10 km
Spring Half Marathon Relay for 2: 21.097,5 m in two sections run by two runners
Spring Half Marathon Relay for 3: 21.097,5 m in three sections run by three runners
Margaret Island, Budapest, H-1138 – not confirmed yet
The location of the event has not been confirmed yet due to future construction works but will be confirmed 2 weeks before the race at the latest.
How to get there
There are various public transport options leading to the location:
- Take Tram 4/6 to ‘Margitsziget’ stop and walk through the middle of the Island (approximately 2 km)
Plan your trip for the quickest way to the location
- Check the timetables at the official website of Budapest’s Public Transport, BKK,
- or plan your trip either with the help of BKK application or Google maps,
- or download the BKK Futár mobile app from the Google Play Store (available for iOS and Windows phone as well)
- The parking lot is available at the northern end of the Margaret Island, next to Arpad Bridge.
- Parking spaces are limited, arrive on time
- You must comply with the traffic signs placed in the parking lot, and follow the rules of the KRESZ (Hungarian public road traffic rules).
Wheelchair and handbike racers can start ahead of the field but they have to consult with the race organizers in advance about passing the lead car.
- 9:00: START – Telekom Vivicitta Spring Half Marathon 21 km
- 9:00: START – Telekom Vivicitta Spring Half Marathon 21 km Relay for 2
- 9:00: START – Telekom Vivicitta Spring Half Marathon 21 km Relay for 3
- 13:00: START – Telekom Vivicitta 10 km
Spring Half Marathon & Half Marathon Relays
The course runs through the heart of Budapest, crosses several bridges and passes the most well-known sites of the city.
Vivicitta 10 km
The course runs along the Danube in the heart of Budapest, crossing bridges and passing several of the most well-known sites of the city.
The exact course changes every year, however, you can take a look at the course of the previous edition here.
Please note that not all exhibitors accept credit cards and there is no ATM at the location, make sure you have cash.
It will announced later
Facilities will be open before and after the race. Showers are also available on location for individual half marathon runners.
Additionally, there will be changing rooms at the relay exchange station.
In tents at the start/finish area. It can be used with the baggage tag attached to your bib.
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the cloakroom!
There will be no cloakroom at the relay exchange station.
There will be a monitored bike rack at the site of the race.
There will be portable toilets and urinals for men near the race center, at the start/finish area, at each refreshment and relay exchange station.
There will be refreshment stations set up around ever 4-5 km along the way.
There will be pace runners who will help you achieve your goal time and guide you to the finish line.
Spring Half Marathon planned finish times:
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 hours
- 2 hours 15 minutes
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 hours 45 minutes
Vivicitta (10 km) planned finish times:
- 50 minutes
- 1 hour
- 1 hour 10 minutes
In advance: online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until midnight March 30, 2020. Click here for prices and further details.
On-site: If the limit has not been reached registration is also possible on-site at the race center.
There is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- race number
- a unique technical T-shirt with the race logo
- a unique finisher’s medal for finishers
- finisher’s bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior to the race.
Spring Half Marathon & Half Marathon Relays
2 hours 45 minutes net time
A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady pace behind the 2:45 pace runners. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
Vivicitta 10 km
7:30 min/km from the time the last runner crosses the start line.
A sweep bus follows the runners at a steady 7 min 30 sec/km pace. If the last runner of the field is running faster than that, then the sweep bus is following him/her. If you are passed by the sweep bus, you have to get on the bus, your race number will be crossed and you are not allowed to enter the finish area.
By race day, registrants for this event must be 12 or older (born before April 6, 2008).
Order your medal insert engraved with your name and your result!
By doing this you can skip the long queues and you don’t have to bother with cash. Buy it online and after the event we will send you the medal insert engraved with your name and time that fits neatly into the back of your finisher medal.
We will engrave your name and time on a small stick-on metal card and send it to your postal address. When you get it you can easily stick it onto the back of your medal and your personalized medal is ready!
The medal insert can be ordered prior the race online at the entry.budapestmarathon.com website.
The personal medal insert can only be ordered for those with an individual result.
The price of the medal insert with shipping and handling (to a foreign address) is 10 €.
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in 10-minute time penalty.
Prizes will be issued to the top 3 male and female individuals and teams.
A list of results will be published online real time, the lists are being updated while runners are crossing the finish line.
Runners who do not have a time at one of the check points along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
During the race medical services are available at the medical area beside the finish line.
If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
At the back of each bib you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is not recommended to listen to MP3 players or any other devices plugged into both ears.
- Among the runners, there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route,the program and the date of the event.