This is the 2017 race info, including opening times, locations and other particulars.
BSI reserves the right to change the route, program, and date of the event.
April 8, 2017
Ötvenhatosok tere, 1146, Budapest
Telekom Vivicitta Relay for 3: 3 x 2 km
Telekom Vivicitta Family Run: 600 m
Suhanj! Disability Run: 600 m
Telekom Minicitta: 2500 m
Telekom Vivicitta Walking: 2500 m
Telekom Midicitta: 5000 m
10:00 – Telekom Vivicitta Relay for 3 from the finish gate
11:15 – Telekom Vivicitta Family Run from Heroes’ Square
11:30 – Suhanj! Disability Run from Heroes’ Square
12:00 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km Individual Start from Heroes’ Square
12:40 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km School Run 1st Start from Heroes’ Square
13:20 – Telekom Minicitta 2.5 km School Run 2nd Start from Heroes’ Square
13:30 – Telekom Vivicitta Walking from Heroes’ Square
15:00 – Telekom Midicitta 1st Start* from Heroes’ Square
16:15 – Telekom Midicitta 2nd Start* from Heroes’ Square
The start is walking distance from the race center and finish area.
Wheelchair and handbike racers can start ahead of the field but they have to consult with the race organizers in advance about passing the lead car.
You must start from the starting zone indicated by a sticker on your bib number. It was allocated by the planned pace you indicated at registration. Zones will open 20 minutes before the start and close 5 minutes before. Afterwards you may stand and start from the back of the field.
- 1st zone: pace under 4:30 min/km
- 5 km under 22:30 min
- 2nd zone: pace between 4:30 and 5:00 min/km
- 5 km between 22:30 min and 25:00 min
- 3rd zone: pace between 5:00 and 5:30 min/km
- 5 km between 25:00 min and 27:30 min
- 4th zone: pace between 5:30 and 6:00 min/km
- 5 km between 27:30 min and 30:00 min
- 5th zone: pace more than 6:00 min/km
- 5 km in more than 30:00 min
Click here to see the map of the course.
Ötvenhatosok tere, 1146, Budapest
- April 7, Friday between 8:00 and 19:00
- April 8, Saturday between 8:00 and 18:00
In the race center starting on Friday until 30 minutes before the start.
You must have your registration confirmation with you to pick up your bib, either printed or the e-mail on your phone. To collect the bib of another runner you must show his/her registration confirmation.
Relay for 3
Teams will receive 3 individual bibs and a baton.
Upon exchange the baton must be handed off to the next runner.
Facilities will be open before and after the race.
In tents at the start/finish area.
Opening times: between 8:30 and 17:30
Attention! We don’t guard valuables in the cloakroom!
There will be portable toilets and urinals for men near the race center and the start/finish area.
There will be refreshment stations set up at the start and finish, serving water.
In advance: online at entry.budapestmarathon.com until 17:00 on April 4, 2017. – Click here for prices and further details.
On-site: If the limit has not been reached registration is also possible on-site at the race center.
There is no on-site registration for wheelchair and handbike racers!
The registration fee includes:
- participation in the race
- race number
- a unique cotton T-shirt with the race logo for Midicitta 5 km, Relay for 3, and Minicitta 2.5 km runners
- finisher’s bag
- medical service
- course closed to traffic
- chip timing for Relay for 3 and Midicitta 5 km runners
- other programs before and after the race
- 21.26% VAT
BSI reserves the right to introduce an entry limit at any time prior the race.
Relay for 3
The chip will be attached to the end of your baton.
Midicitta 5 km
The UHF chip will be located at the back of your bib number.
Consequently, it is essential that you wear your own bib correctly: well visibly on your chest without folding it.
Failure to do so may result in 10-minute time penalty.
Other distances are not timed.
Midicitta 5 km & Relay for 3
A list of results will be published online real time, the lists are being updated while runners are crossing the finish line.
Runners who do not have a time at one of the check points along the course will not be given a rank.
Those who received a 10-minute penalty will be marked with an asterisk.
Other distances do not have time measurement, consequently no result lists will be available.
During the race medical services are available at the medical area beside the finish line.
If you see someone collapsing along the course please notify the race organizers posted at each kilometer sign or at the refreshment stations.
At the back of each bib you can find the phone number of the medical team.
Fill in the emergency section on the back of your bib. Do not forget to mention if you have taken any medication before the race!
- Please wear your race number on the front and make sure that it is clearly visible at all times and don’t fold it! Make sure you put your race number on your T-shirt properly with the safety pins which can be found in your race packet and also on the registration tables. Improper wear might result in a 10-minute time penalty.
- Participation in the event is open to any properly trained runner or wheelchair racer who has agreed to the standard terms and conditions.
- When you use earphones, you are unable to hear noises from outside, so you might obstruct a runner who is trying to pass you or race marshals or members of the medical team. It is NOT PERMITTED to listen to MP3 players or any other devices plugged into both ears. Anyone breaking the rules can get a 10-minute time penalty.
- Among the runners there will be race organizers on bikes and motorbikes, and also ambulances if needed.
- Participants are not permitted to roller-skate, bike, run without a race number, or run with a dog. Those attempting to run accompanied by someone on a bicycle or on roller-skates can be disqualified.
- Any commercial or promotional activity should be permitted by BSI in advance, in a manner determined by BSI.
- BSI reserves the right to limit the number of participants and close registration at any time.
- BSI reserves the right to change the route,the program and the date of the event.